Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Day Thirteen of Chicklet Holiday

More of the same.

Except Chicklet spent some time with Poppy Bluebarry this afternoon showing him how Minecraft works on her iPad. He showed the perfect amount of interest and asked all the right questions, keeping her happy while I did some chores around the house.

She had started the day quite manic and I felt like she might be on the verge of a meltdown. Somehow, we were able to make it to the beach by lunch time without incident. Thank goodness for the beach and the calming influence of water.

Chicklet LOVES water. Our beach, on an outgoing or incoming tide, is perfect for her because the water is only about two feet deep, it's clean and clear and calm, so that she can do exactly as she likes and I don't have to worry about her being dumped by waves or getting dragged out by a rip.

It was windy and cold on the beach today. We spent an hour walking through the water trying to find the warm patches. She remained submerged except for her head to stay out of the wind ... but eventually she had to walk across the beach to the car ... funnily enough she thought that walking in my shadow, out of the sun, would keep her warm haha. Go figure.

When we got to the car, we found this little (or rather large actually) gem ...



It's a pity that I didn't have my camera with me because he was a beautiful specimen.

We went grocery shopping and then returned home for a quick lunch, some quiet time, her Minecraft class with Poppy and some more work on the Sea Serpent cave ... this cave seems to be ongoing! Every time I believe we are finished, Chicklet comes up with a new idea!

I'll be working tomorrow afternoon so I'd best get some sleep ... it's almost 11.30pm ... again!

Nite all.

No comments: