Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Day Ten of Chicklet Holiday

Yes, you guessed it!

Dragons. Dragons. More dragons.

We played the Sim Dragon ap this morning over breakfast in bed - always fun - and once again, Poppy Bluebarry made our breakfasts and brought them to us on a tray.

We got dressed, did a load of washing and then made our way to the outdoor area to do some more work on the dragon caves.

We added the sign to the first dragon cave and because the spiders that we glued to the front of the cave began falling off, I took them all off and wired them in so that they all look they are spinning webs.


We finished painting our dragons (well, Chicklet is not quite finished) and began creating our new Sea Serpent dragons for the new Cave.



We painted the floor of the new cave in different shades of blue, including some glittery blue.

We created a tall splash out of the watery blue floor using long sparkly blue pipe cleaners.

We selected shells from the huge collection that PB and Ch found on the beach and have stored in a smaller foam box. These will be the shells that decorate the cave and will hold the treasures and jewels belonging to the dragons.

We made a list of things that we'll do to the cave tomorrow, including the types of cave paintings that we'll paint onto the walls and also making a wrecked pirate ship.

We stopped in the middle of all that for a light lunch.

We had some quiet time.

We watched some football ... she gets very excited when the 'Dragons' play!!

We had a final 40 minute play on the Sim Dragon Ap before I made dinner and Vegan Chickie phoned us as I served dessert. She was at the airport about to leave Cologne and fly to Hungary to start a tour that is going to take her to many different countries over the next two weeks.

Finally, we had bath time and cuddle/talk time and Chicklet was sound asleep by 7.15pm.

Now it's approaching 11pm so I should get some sleep too.

Nite all.

No comments: