Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Day Fourteen of Chicklet Holiday

It's been a fabulously great day.

Chicklet was quite late coming into my bedroom this morning - after 8am - and quietly sat eating her breakfast and sharing with me, all the stuff that she'd learned in the new Minecraft update this morning.

She was incredibly happy and calm and loving.

We got out of bed, dressed and did some work on our Sea Serpent cave before I had to get ready for work.

She followed Poppy Bluebarry around the garden for a while and they both came inside to sit in the recliner chairs and play with their iPads side by side.

I made her a quick lunch and issued Poppy with all the necessary instructions for while I was at work.

It was nice to pedal to work on the trike and I checked the mail before making my way to The Happy Abode.

The Motivator was supposed to have the afternoon off, but we talked and talked and talked and caught up with business news and personal news, as well as ordering some stock together and she didn't leave until after 3pm.

That was when Poppy and Chicklet walked in the door and they stayed while I spent about an hour with one customer who almost bought out the shop!

A gentleman entered the shop earlier today looking to buy a gift for his wife who was at home while he came away on a fishing trip. He selected one of my Tawny Frogmouth photos, which was pretty exciting for me!

I also decided to take in to the shop, some of the bracelets and earrings that I've made. They've been packaged away for a couple of years and I found them yesterday, so I thought I'd pop them in the shop to see if they sell.

Within an hour, I had sold one!

Poppy and Chicklet had been down to the beach for an hour before visiting me in the shop and they brought the signs and flags inside and helped close. He decided to buy her a surprise because she had been such a delight all afternoon. She chose a fishing rod with some plastic fish to play with in the bath.

She did try to con him into buying some lollies or some soft drink but he said "If Bozzy Wozzy gives you the ok, I'll buy them for you". She knew better than to even ask me haha, so she chose the toy instead. We played with it in the bath this evening and she decided that it was her favourite part of the day.

Every night at cuddle time, we talk about our best and worst parts of the day. Fishing with me in the bath was her favourite part of today.

Tomorrow is a public holiday so the shop won't be open, and we plan on driving into The Bay to restock our craft supplies so that we can create the Fire Dragon Cave next week. I'll open the shop on Saturday and spend the entire half day there.

I cooked up a nice curried chicken for Adoring Husband's dinner, a big plate of boiled egg and raw veg/salad for Chicklet and a big mug of chicken bone broth for myself.

I can't believe it's already 10.30pm.


Need sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: