Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 14, 2018

Day Four of Chicklet Holiday

Poppy Bluebarry and Strawberry Shortcake (that's what they call each other) are a combination that require constant monitoring and reigning in.

I'm sure that I am currently caring for two children instead of one!

Once the clock ticked on to 7.30am Chicklet and I spent an hour in my bed bringing dragons to life on that ap that I told you about ...


... after we changed out of our pyjamas and into play clothes, we created a cardboard dragon and read lots of interesting information about the different dragons from countries all around the world. So many legendary tales to learn about.




I went to work at 1pm and the two trouble makers went to the park and then collected some shells from the beach so that we can create a new Sea Serpent Cave next week - after the current cave is complete.

They picked me up from work at 3pm and while at the supermarket, we discovered a fossilised dinosaur egg that requires Paleontological skills to unearth.

It was an amazing discovery because it kept her almost completely silent for more than an hour! In that time, she found two skeletal bones and is excited at the prospect of finding the remaining bones tomorrow. Also in that time, I was able to focus on cooking dinner for Adoring Husband who had to leave early for a SES meeting, and at the same time prepare Chicklet's dinner.





Tonight, after her bath, while we were having cuddle and chat time on the bed, psychotic dog 'Jack' decided to jump on her bed - this is the first time that he has shown an interest in Chicklet and over a period of time, he moved closer and closer until he was right beside her pillow.


Chicklet was both apprehensive and excited about this change in their relationship and just before she fell asleep, stated that the best part about her day was having Jack jump on her bed. She now loves Jack and he has become her favourite.

I was grateful to have a peaceful couple of hours to myself until AH arrive home from his meeting.


I'll be working for a couple of hours in the morning, so I'd best get some beauty sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: