Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Super Saturday

I'm not referring to the football.

It was a super Saturday at the shop today.

The first two and a half hours had somebody in the shop at all times. As one person left, another entered, so there was a steady flow of customers, but from about midday onwards, it was completely dead.

Nobody entered the shop for more than three hours, so I got a LOT done.

If I can remember my 'done' list correctly ...

  • Dusted
  • Cleared the old food out of the fridge 
  • Did the dishes
  • Cleared 3,800 emails
  • Emptied the four bins in the shop
  • Filled the gaps in the shop where sales had been made
  • Took photos of new stock and posted them on our Facebook page
I think that's it.

I took my lunch of leftover chicken wings with salsa salad to work with me today - keeping our budget in mind, I'm attempting to save money by taking my lunch instead of buying it because I worked out that I'm spending over $60 week on lunches and coffee so I reckon I can reduce that and put the money towards my next road trip!

Who knows when that will be!

So the afternoon went quite quickly and around 4.15pm two more customers came through the door to boost our sales for the day.

Even so, by the time 5pm arrived, I was feeling absolutely exhausted and it's now 8pm and I feel like I need to go to bed.

Here are some photos that I took today ...


















... we have two more shipments of stock arriving next week and we're not exactly certain where we are going to put it all!

I've got the day at home tomorrow, so I'm off to bed where I will probably stay for the next sixteen or more hours. Pampering myself by not having to move unless I want to!

I hope you all have a happy Sunday.


Nite all.

No comments: