Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Faster Than ...

The day went faster than ever!



The weather was dreadful with gale force conditions and scudding rain, so it was about 10.30am by the time the first customer braved the walk up our driveway and came through our door, but the good thing was that they came in groups and supported each other in their purchases!

Our customers were very chatty today too. Some loudly chatty, which was disconcerting when The Gypsy was conducting therapeutic massage in the treatment room. I lowered my voice in the hope that they would follow my lead and do the same, but it seemed to make them louder.

The Gypsy informs me that the sounds can be heard but are quite muffled, so they are not distracting. I've questioned a couple of the regular customers and tried to apologise for the sounds, but they too, inform me that they don't hear the noises. That's a good thing.

The Motivator arrived at the shop around 1.30pm after frantically trying to get all of her errands done in The Bay and that was my cue to call for Adoring Husband to pick me up. We have trivia at the club tonight, so we've had an early dinner and have been watching some Grey's Anatomy on Binge TV.

I now have an hour til it's time to leave for trivia and while I attempt to ease my overwhelming frustration at Adoring Husband's incessant questions about everything and anything this afternoon, I shall sign off and try to be productive elsewhere.

Nite all.


No comments: