Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Break Time

The morning was crazy busy in The Happy Abode.

The middle of the day was whisperingly quiet.

The afternoon picked up again and I left at 3pm, but The Motivator informs me that it was busy in the late afternoon too.

I do know that I am 'peopled' out this week.

Some people are quite draining and they suck the energy out of you. There seems to be a pattern too. You can go for days where everybody is very easy to deal with. They enter the shop on a mission, stay for a short period of time and leave on a high.

Others come into the shop intent on taking your time. They share their life story, which often includes some 'woe is me' episodes, rarely taking a breath and they only stop talking when somebody else takes your attention. By the time they leave, you feel like you need a nap or a Vitamin B shot.

Today was a bit like that!

We did sell some of our beautiful new stock today, which felt good. When our customers see the beauty and the value in something that we carefully selected for the shop, it makes me feel good.

The fishing classic finished today, so the town will be emptying out this evening and tomorrow. Some families will stay on for the school holidays and after they head home, it will leave room for the southerners and the grey nomads to fill the parks for the colder months.

There is always a steady flow of people through the town from April to November.

Adoring Husband picked me up at 3pm and I headed straight to the kitchen to start a beef casserole in the slow cooker, after which I made some chocolate energy balls. They are now setting in the fridge and I'll do a savoury mince shortly. That should feed us for the next couple of days.

I also desperately need to do some washing - there's always stuff that needs doing!

Last month marked ten years since I quit smoking - pretty happy with that, but I must say that I've actually felt like lighting a cigarette or two this week. I wonder why???

Adoring Husband is on SES duty again this afternoon and evening, so I'm having a quiet time at home watching the footy between chores.

It will definitely be an early night for me so that I can be recharged and ready for a big Easter Monday.

This is how I feel ...


This is how I want to feel ...


Nite all.

No comments: