Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Day of Rest

So I made an executive decision today and stayed away from The Happy Abode.

Everything that we planned to do at the shop today, can be done during the week - except the vacuuming which I will do early tomorrow morning before the meditation class.

Instead, I stayed in bed until about 1.30-ish doing my biz course stuff, which was quite draining!

I got out of bed and decluttered two drawers and the top of my dressing table - this produced three grocery bags - one for the rubbish bin and two for the charity bin! It took me about 40 minutes to do that and then I needed a nap, so I climbed back into bed and slept for about 40 mins.

There was a text from The Motivator who is enjoying some self-care time/work/family commitments in the big smoke ...


I hope she doesn't mind that I've used her photo here - she took this from the ferry this afternoon. What a beautiful day in Sydney!

It was time to remove myself from the bedroom, so I showered and washed my hair, dressed and found my way to the lounge room to watch some footy with Adoring Husband.

We prepared the leg of lamb and the tray of veg to put in the barbecue (our oven is still on the blink and we need a new one, but we can't decide whether to get a new one now OR wait for the kitchen refurb OR have gas connected and buy the big A stove/oven that we've been admiring).

Unfortunately, after we put the food in the barbecue, we both became engrossed in voting on the website for the Logies (something we have never done before!) and time got away from us. The veggies were burnt black and the meat was overdone, so then we were on a rescue mission. Ugh.

A bit of seared zucchini later, with some buttered mushrooms, mixed with the veg that could be saved and some home made gravy. We ate it with the meat which was still edible, even if overdone. It was still pretty good.

I was going to make some fruit whip for dessert with pineapple and dragon fruit, but there was no coconut cream in the pantry, so that will wait for tomorrow now.

It's now 11pm ... far out! How did the time pass so quickly???

Nite all.

No comments: