Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Weeks End

The end is here.

Of the week, that is.

It's been a pretty big week. I achieved a lot, but also still have a lot to achieve next week so there is no rest for the wicked!

It wasn't very busy in the shop today and in between customers, I rearranged a few things and displayed them a little differently. I designed the flyer for the next Vision Board workshop and I made a small order of new stock to tide us over until March.

I closed the shop at 1.30pm and on the way home, knowing that Adoring Husband had pigged out on our lunch, I got myself some food from the Takeaway.

I watched some mindless rubbish on TV for a couple of hours before making my way to the kitchen where I packaged up the chicken broth that had been cooking for 22 hours, made some cauliflower rice to serve with the chicken curry and then made another strawberry cream pie.

In the middle of making the pie, I realised that I had no honey, so I put the call out on Facebook to see if anyone in town had some real honey on hand. When I got no quick responses, I sent a text to The Blonde Bombshell who was able to come to my rescue.

After I'd finished making the pie, The Leggy Blonde (my back neighbour) called me from her back yard to say that she was standing there ready to hand some honey to me over the fence! Even though I had already taken possession of some honey, I took her up on her offer because the honey was straight from the hive. I couldn't resist and it is indeed, absolutely delicious!

Her reward will be two pieces of pie when I make the next one.

My phone didn't tell me that it was time to go to bed tonight, so here I am, almost half past midnight and having just watched a terrible movie about giant tornadoes (no, not Sharknado), I'm definitely ready for bed.


I really love those words. We need to remove those self imposed demands on ourselves and free each other from those horrible rules that restrict our freedom.

That's enough from me tonight.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Nite all

No comments: