Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Up n At Em

Well that was a most unpleasant evening!

But I slept well and I'm feeling 98% better now. Another early night should see me at a full 100%.

I just emptied our rain gauge and it had 94mm in it. Admittedly, we haven't emptied the gauge for quite some time, but Bundaberg (one hour north) received 81mm overnight, Hervey Bay (thirty minutes south) had 40mm and Maryborough (40 mins southwest) received 137mm so I'm guessing that our rainfall was pretty high too!

Unfortunately the heavy rain has stopped customers walking along the uncovered driveway to our shop, but this morning before the rain came, two ladies walked up with three puppy dogs. One of the ladies stayed outside with the dogs while the other came inside ... so I offered to stand outside with the dogs while the ladies looked around the shop together.

They were gorgeous dogs but obviously a little stressed that their owners had walked through a door without them! I sat with them for about ten minutes until one of the ladies came outside and took the dogs, telling me that the other wanted to pay for something.

My ten minutes of dog sitting proved very much worth it!

The remainder of the day was very very wet, so I got plenty of work done in my training course ... NOT my photography course ... I'll work on that some more tomorrow.

Adoring Husband drove psychotic dog, Colli, into The Bay to the beauty parlour. She was desperately in need of some beauty treatment and here are the results ...



AH brought her to the shop on the way home so that I could see how pretty she looked.

Two hours later, he returned to the shop to help me close up and we were home by ten past three. I put dinner in the oven (ginger, honey and garlic chicken Maryland) and AH had to leave early for SES duties.

I had bought two and a half pineapples from the supermarket yesterday, so I chopped them up, bagged them and put them in the freezer for our next batch of pineapple whip. The pineapples are so sweet and juicy at the moment! Yum.

I am now sitting in my pyjamas thinking about climbing into bed to watch MKR.

Three more sleeps til the Gift Fair!


Nite all.

  

No comments: