Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Like a Baby

That's how I slept last night.

Thankfully, the psychotic dogs didn't wake at all during the night and we both slept soundly.

It was still a struggle rising this morning and even though I planned on getting to work early, I didn't unlock the doors until right on 9am.

Morning tea with the girls was nice, with Reality TV Queen joining us for the first time in months. She has been away and is soon going away again, so we won't see her for quite some time. She's happy and her life is full!

Unfortunately, Lady Lynn couldn't join us, Beauty is still away and Maid Marian is either away, or she forgot again haha.

But it was a nice group and Vampira (aka The Blond Bombshell or YipYip) brought a big basket of clothes that she was culling from her wardrobe and we all took at least one item to add to our own wardrobe.

I received an email from The Motivator today. Her retreat sounds amazing and I feel very envious of the emotional work she is doing on herself.  Even though she is feeling wiped out from the intensity of it all, she is also feeling positive about the impending results in a few days time.

I made a couple of small orders to tide us over until the gift fair. We currently only have two leather handbags in stock and the shelves are looking a little bare. It's funny though, how some items that we've had in stock for five months have suddenly walked out the door since I rearranged a few displays!

During our road trip in November, I walked into a shop full of beautiful big art pieces and struck up a conversation with the owner of the shop. He told me that he had JUST opened the previous day and we discussed the excitement of having a new business that we loved.

He asked me for advice and I told him to rearrange his stock regularly because customers have blind spots and may not notice the 'perfect piece for their wall' even though it's been on display up the back of the shop for 6 months ... until the day he moves it even two places along the wall ... and suddenly they are saying "Oh this is new!"

Like the red and black leather handbag that has been in the shop since day one and nobody even picked it up in that time, until a week ago when I created a new red and black display. Since then three people have picked up the bag and carried it around the shop to buy, but changed their mind at the last minute. Today it was bought and an hour later, one of those three customers returned looking to buy it! Alas they were disappointed.

The heavens opened this afternoon and we had some heavy rain for an hour or so and then another hour of steady rain, which was nice, but rain always stops people coming up the driveway to our shop.

I took advantage of the quiet and created the flyer/registration form for the Vision Board Course and filled one of our windows with the information flyers for all of the courses.

I registered with a couple of suppliers - like Serenade - the same company that my beautiful purse is from. They emailed through the catalogue and price list and I can't wait to see their stock at the gift fair and then being with Tracey to put in our first order!

Speaking of which, just five more sleeps until the trip to Sydney!

I'm trying for another early night and another sound 'like a baby' sleep. It helps that the temperature has dropped to a comfortable level.

It's good night from me.


Nite all.



No comments: