Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Slow Start

It was a slow start to Saturday morning at the shop, but it ended well. Some late customers who walked through the door just as we were about to close all excitedly chose some snap jewellery to make our total for the day look quite healthy.

It was nice to have The Motivator and her SIL drop in for a chat late morning.

Mid afternoon the Blond Bombshell and her visitor dropped by after they had been to the movies.

Adoring Husband was kind enough to come to the shop as I was closing to help bring everything inside and to play the role of security for me.

I spent some time working on the 'vision board' workshop, which includes creating my own vision board for 2018 to use as an example. I'm making some minor changes to the way I designed last year's board with my word for the year taking pride of place in the centre.

There is still much to do.

Adoring Husband and I took down the tree, all the Christmas lights and the decorations today and this evening - 12 days after Christmas - as it should be.

Primrose is suffering through 40C+ temperatures at home as we speak. Sounds dreadful!

I'm considering opening the shop for a few hours on Sunday, so I think I'll head to bed and see how I feel in the morning.

I'm tired.

Nite all.

No comments: