Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 15, 2018

Remembering

First of all ... Happy Birthday to Number One Son!

I took a video of myself singing happy birthday to him and sent it - which I won't share with you because it's quite embarrassing.

I had the day off work today and drove into The Bay with Adoring Husband to pick up some supplies for our Vision Board Workshop, which was a lot of fun because it meant visiting my favourite shop 'Office Works'!

We did an Aldi shop. They had a lot of school supplies on sale there too, so I was able to stock up on some folders and felt tip pens and other such fun stuff.

Go Natural took some of our money for some healthful items of my choosing. After watching a seminar on gut health, it was recommended that Slippery Elm, Aloe Vera, probiotics and fermented foods should be included in a diet full of whole colourful natural foods to help heal any gut issues.

It doesn't take much these days to flare up my gut issues. Every so often I have a slip up and feed on sugar - very bad move - or on carbs like potato, rice & bread (which the body converts to sugar) - also a very bad move. These are the foods that cause inflammation in my gut and digestive tract. These are the foods that cause discomfort and pain. It takes a couple of weeks for my insides to settle and then it takes extra help to heal the damage.

Of late, and over Christmas/New Year, I have been particularly bad with these foods. The pain has been 'almost' unbearable causing disturbed sleep and difficulty in focussing even on conversations. Sometimes it's difficult to even find a comfortable sitting position.

So I've decided to get serious and take better care of my health. I don't know why I felt the need to punish myself that way, but it stops today. I have all the healing tools in my kitchen and I'm going to hit the peak of health again soon!

We stopped in at Tinkerbells, on the Esplanade across the road from Enzos, to check out their selenite lamps which they have on sale ...


I fell in love and bought it. Selenite is good for cleansing and clearing the negative emissions that come from technology and in a business should be kept near the cash register to clear the way for incoming prosperity.

While I was there, I found the most amazing and beautiful large circular pendant of turquoise. For the entire time that I was in the shop, my eye kept being drawn to the pendant until eventually I had to ask how much it was and if I could get a closer look. Once it was in my hands, I couldn't bear to part with it. I put it on lay-by. It's going to take a while to pay off, but it will be worth it. It almost looks like our Happy Abode logo!

Just as we were about to return home, I decided to stop in at Stocklands so that I could get a pedicure. It's been more than three months since I had my last pedicure - I got sparkly red nail polish for Adoring Husband's big bash birthday party back then. My feet have been looking pretty terrible the last few weeks.

Now they look fresh and clean. I chose to have clear polish this time - I prefer shiny clear nails to colours.

We stopped at The Happy Abode on the way home to drop off the new white board for the training room. The Motivator was still there working hard and we caught up with each other's news, of which, surprisingly, there was a lot!

It's been a pretty big day and I STILL didn't get my chores at home done!  

Does anyone remember Val? The very elderly lady who played piano at Zabe coffee shop in Tewantin? The first time I saw her play, I went next door to the florist and bought a Gerbera to present to her with thanks for her beautiful music. This may trigger your memory ...



There was a notice on the Zabe Facebook page today that Val had passed away. She lived a full and honourable life with music at the very heart of it. She will be missed.

Rest in Peace Val.

Nite all.



No comments: