Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Opening up to Goodness

Here I sit, on my day off, in bed working on Denise DT's Manifesting Course and clearing bad money memories that I didn't even realise that I had. Talk about cleansing and invigorating! Just the introduction week is mind blowing - week one doesn't even commence until next week.

As I sit here tapping away at the keyboard, I can hear the TV in the next room where Adoring Husband is watching 'Outlander'.

Over the top of the TV I can hear his grunting and groaning and cursing and moaning.

I sat out there briefly, about thirty minutes ago, and had to leave the room after five minutes.

Here's the thing ...

I believe that everything that you see, hear and feel has an impact on your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual being. Every tiny negative experience in your life affects the energy in and around you.

Whether it be 'real' negative experiences in your own life or dramatic visual experiences on TV (or in a book or a story or on the radio). They all have a negative affect on the mind and body, which remains with you always - sometimes on a deep subconscious level - which you don't even realise.

I also believe that if you don't deal with all that stuff that is being pushed to the recesses, it slowly but surely, over a long period of time, manifests into physical ailments as your body tries to deal with the negativity and the ugliness.

Sometimes it's released in other ways, like the subconscious build up of frustration or anger that you take out on a loved one when something small triggers the negative emotions. Sometimes it takes the form of a headache or the inability to sleep or food cravings or a skin rash. Every tiny bit of negativity weakens your immune system.

It takes a strong conscious effort to surround yourself with love and positivity and to treat yourself with tenderness and care.

With this in mind, I have made changes to my life to avoid negativity where I have the power to do so eg I don't watch any news other than the local news (which mostly tells me about the man who has been donating blood for 50 yrs or the local sports stars who have achieved something nationally or internationally).

I don't watch national or international news - for example - how scared has the entire planet been for the past year, as the media brain washes us with threats of an impending nuclear war because of Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un?

What can we do about it? Does knowing of this threat change anything? Do you do anything differently with your day knowing that somebody in another country could press the red button any minute? No - you sit in your lounge chair feeling the fear rising in you as you imagine a major war and how it will affect your loved ones and your future. Needlessly.

I avoid talk back radio with people like John Laws, Ray Hadley or Alan Jones who all incite anger and division within the community and force their opinions upon their listeners, telling anyone who's opinion differs, that they are idiots.

I don't watch movies or TV shows that are filled with graphic violence or horror, or movies that retell a true historic story about wars or murders or natural disasters (I know that it happened - knowing the juicy details will not change anything except make me feel sad/angry/frustrated/depressed) I don't listen to angry aggressive music that attempts to embed itself inside my brain.

I avoid negative people. I avoid angry people. I avoid bigots. I avoid drunks (when they're drunk). I avoid disempowering males. I avoid people who thrive on being 'victims' or thrive on the dramas in life.

When I realised that I had the power to make the choice to avoid all of that and surround myself with positive happy people who want the best for themselves and for me, that's when my life changed for the better. I felt freer and lighter and less anxious or stressed.

Life brings with it, it's own share of challenges and obstacles and burdens for which we have to find a way to deal. We can surround ourselves with love and move forward, dealing with those challenges in the most positive way possible OR we can hold on to the drama that we choose to accept from artificial sources (movies/books/media) and weave it into our real lives so that every challenge seems impossible to overcome and the physical and emotional pain seems unbearable.

If I'm lucky, I reckon that I still have a third of my life left to live. Boy, I've had my fair share of challenges during the other two thirds of it and I can honestly say that I haven't dealt with most of it as well as I could have. Having cleansed as many of the toxins and the negatives out of my life as I can, I want to move forward into my future feeling happy, loved and positive about the possibilities and that means for me ... "Outlander" and it's drama, graphic torturous violence and demeaning disempowering of already powerless people, is off the table!

It's 5.20pm so I'd best get out of bed and cook some dinner!


Nite all.



 





  

No comments: