Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 25, 2018

On The Mend

What a dreadful night I experienced on Wednesday night.

Ugh!

I had to take pain killers twice during the night and I can't even remember the last time I took a pain killer. It must be three years or more.

It was about 7.30pm when I climbed into bed and I slept briefly until the pain woke me up. I took a painkiller and slept until about 1am at which time I took another and then slept until 6.30am.

I woke up feeling quite a lot better, though not completely well. At least I was well enough to go to work. There were a couple of times during the day that I wished that I was still in bed, but mostly I managed ok.

We had a lot of people come in for a look at the shop today including a few older men. It has certainly been a week for the men. None of them spent any money, but I'm guessing we've had about ten men enter the shop on their own this week, just for a look.

Our new chairs arrived today. Adoring Husband was kind enough to put them together for us.

The Motivator and I left work soon after 3pm and drove into The Bay where we did some organic grocery shopping and then sat overlooking the water at Enzos for an hour while we sipped on berry smoothies and shared a small bowl of chicken wings.

This was our view...


I returned home to an empty house because AH was on SES duty.

Now it's time for me to hit the hay. It's already after 10.30pm.

Nite all.

No comments: