Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

More Broken Records

The Motivator worked the shop today while I had a day off.

She broke her previous sales record! By a LOT!

Obviously, she has the gift. She has a natural talent for sales and for people, among many other things!

She makes me proud.

Primrose, Adoring Husband and I saw TWO movies today.

We watched "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" and we all loved it.

There was ten minutes between when that movie finished and when "Pitch Perfect 3" started, so we came out and stood in the queue and walked straight in for the next one.

The only thing I didn't like about Pitch Perfect, was the terrible Australian accent that the American actor John Lithgow, who played Rebel Wilson's father in the movie, used. It was cringe worthy and totally distracting.

So that took up five hours of the day and left little time to do anything else.

We drove over to Stocklands and got a ticket in tonight's OzLotto draw and I bought a pair of blue 3/4 length pants. We also got some half price calendars from the the stand in the middle of the walkway.

Three coffees later (that's one each) and we were on our way home.

Having discussed buying fish and chips and heading to the beach for dinner, we realised that there were more storms about, so we stopped and got some grilled fish and decided to make a big salad and eat at home in the comfort and protection of the house.

Now I'm watching the new season of 'The Ranch' on Netflix and wondering if I can wake up early enough to catch the sunrise tomorrow. It would be a good opportunity to test out the new camera.

We'll see.

Nite all.    

No comments: