Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Full On

Yes, today was full on.

Lots of customers. Bookings for treatments with The Gypsy. With the roof in the process of being replaced, SO MUCH NOISE! Rearranging the jewellery displays. Visiting a prospective supplier and selecting some items for the shop. Ordering online from a new supplier. Repackaging some jewellery items for display on the table. It was a big day.

The Gypsy gifted me a scobie for making kombucha and a 'starter mix' to make real sour dough bread, which, because of the natural fermentation process, is supposed to remove the gluten and make it safe for celiacs and gluten intolerance.

I'm excited to get started on both of those, but they have to wait until tomorrow when I can get the remaining ingredients while I'm in The Bay. I need some unbleached flour for the sour dough and some organic raw sugar for the kombucha.

The Gypsy also gave us some dried celery leaf in a ziplock bag and has offered us a number of herbs that she grows in her garden - all organic of course. I'm feeling healthier already!

It was 5.30pm by the time I arrived home this afternoon and luckily for me, Adoring Husband had roasted some chicken wings and all I had to do was make up a salsa salad with mango, watermelon, cucumber, onion, baby spinach, rocket, mint, coriander, the last little bit of feta cheese crumbled over the top and then dressed with ACV. It was delicious.

This evening I've done two loads of washing and brought in the load that I hung out this morning, folded it all and put it away - such a boring, time consuming chore.

I watched a 30 minute video on manifesting in business and life, cleared some emails (so many to get through) and I almost created my vision board, but the tennis won out in the end.

It's now after 11.30pm and I'm feeling exhausted - again - so I'm off to bed. It will be another early start tomorrow.

Nite all.






No comments: