Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 5, 2018

Friday Frenzy

There was no frenzy.

It was my first day back at work this week and I had a total of 5 people come into the shop.

One of them was a lady who came in last week, and today she brought some family members with her, including her sister who proceeded to take photos of a couple of things that she liked - her father then quietly told me that she would be unhappy to hear him telling me that she has her own shop.

I thought it was strange that she had been into the shop three times and hadn't bought anything. She has asked lots of questions and asked to look more closely at many stock items but always leaves empty handed.

Ah well.

Three others came in and looked around, had a short conversation about where they were from and how long they were staying and how they had learned about the shop, but also left empty handed.

One gentleman came in to tell me how great the shop was and then began to ask many questions about whether we'd had Feng Shui advice before opening the shop, whether we had burnt sage or used sound healing and if we have crystals for energy healing.

To look at this man, you would never believe that he was a new age kind of guy with any knowledge on this subject, but I was curious to hear what he had to say, including the fact that he had bought a book at a library sale that contained 'spells' for all different areas of your life such as business, relationships, luck, health etc.

He phoned me a while after he had left the shop to give me the name and author of the spell book lol.

So the majority of my day was spent checking off the new stock against the printed order page and then placing the buttons on display sheets so that I could photograph them for our Facebook page and THEN reorganising all of the buttons on the display sheets and THEN reorganising the storage drawers under the counter.

We have approximately 1000 different snap buttons which equates to 1000 plastic bags with any number of buttons in them to store and hopefully find easily when needed.

It took me all day to do that and tomorrow I need to do the same thing with all of the snap jewellery items. Storage will in the future, be a bit of an issue, so we have to be smart.

At least I got to shut the shop early this afternoon and Adoring Husband came to help me bring everything inside. We were driving away from the shop at 3.05pm - unlike last week when a customer came through the door at 2.55pm and didn't leave until 4.20pm!

It was a nice night at the club, but the same old people won raffle prizes as always and we losers sat and applauded their success, as always.

AH and I had another easy dinner and now it's almost 11pm and time for bed.


Nite all.

 

  

No comments: