Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Fearless!

That is my word for 2018.

"FEARLESS"

I am going to push through all of my niggling little fears and make things happen!


These have been my words since I began choosing:

  • 2015 - Peace
  • 2016 - Mindfulness
  • 2017 - Inspire
  • 2018 - Fearless

I'm proud of my 2017. I found lots of inspiration and I think I inspired others in various ways too. I was artistically inspired when I did the art classes. I found inspiration to create my website and even though I haven't maintained it very well to this point, it had to be set aside as I was inspired to create a new business with The Motivator.

There was inspiration bursting forth from all areas of my life and the 'journey' work that I did earlier in the year helped me find the courage and inspiration to really achieve so much. It was a year for 'me' and I'm feeling pretty excited about what is still to come.

Primrose, Adoring Husband and I spent the first day of 2018 taking it easy. We watched previews of all the movies that will be released in 2018 and wrote down a list of the ones we want to see. My top pick for this year and which I'm most excited to see is "Ocean's Eight"

"Mama Mia! - Here We Go Again" is another that I'm pretty keen to see!

By mid afternoon, we sent Adoring Husband to get coffee and while he was gone, we set up the Trivial Pursuit board. The entire afternoon and evening was taken up with two games of trivial pursuit, both of which Primrose won easily.

I cooked dinner in the middle of all that and we sat through a long storm that brought lots of heavy rain and a bit of lightning and thunder but no damaging winds. I haven't checked the rain gauge yet.

Psychotic dog Jack had another cramping episode this afternoon. It's been a while since I rubbed the magnesium oil into his little legs so I guess we need to do it on a regular basis to avoid those painful cramps that stress Adoring Husband to the max.

It's after midnight and I have the day off work tomorrow and Wednesday. We are going to the movies tomorrow to see Jumanji, so I'd best get some sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: