Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Ciao Baby!

Primrose left early this morning. Quickly and without fuss.

She had to leave quickly because it would have been a sob-fest. Instead, it was like ripping off a bandaid. See ya bye GO!

While I originally thought I'd go to work, I decided that I needed a day to myself doing nothing, going nowhere, seeing no-one, sitting beside Adoring Husband on the couch and planning my upcoming week at work.

It was just what I needed.

I did get quite a bit of niggly washing done. You know, those annoying things that need to be either washed separately from everything else, or hand washed or soaked or whatever.

Primrose texted me mid afternoon to let me know that she would be in Armidale for the night and could I organise some accommodation for her. So I got online and booked a room for her and texted her the details.

Not long after that, AH drove me to the shop and told me to call him when I was ready to be picked up. So I got to spend some time with The Motivator discussing business and life.

A fabulous package of snap buttons and snap jewellery arrived today, so I began to check them off against the printout while The Motivator served customers.

By the time we shut the doors for the day, her family arrived for their week holiday, so we showed them around the shop and I called AH to pick me up. I left them all to catch up and The Motivator will have some time off work to spend with them.

AH and I had an easy dinner and he went off to bed early.

I too, am going to bed early! It's now 10.00am and my only coffee for the day was at 7am so I have no caffeine in my system to keep me awake half the night!

Hopefully, after a solid night of sleep, the shop will be very busy tomorrow and I will cope admirably. I'm a bit excited about sorting through all the new buttons tomorrow, so I'll be at the shop bright and early to do that without interruptions.

Meanwhile, you could try just a little challenge for 2018 ...


That's it for now.

Nite all.


No comments: