Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Zawsted

I am exhausted.

In the last 2 days, I've opened eleven boxes of stock, checked them off against the invoices, priced each item and then rearranged the displays in the shop so that I could fit everything in.

There was not enough room for storage so I had to reorganise the snap jewellery drawers.

The new display trays arrived and that meant rearranging all the buttons and removing them from the old trays and putting them in some kind of order on the new ones.

It's bin day, so I had to cut up all the boxes to put into the recycle bin.

Of course, in between all of this, there were customers to serve.

Our new business cards, address stickers and other printed paraphernalia arrived today too.

There should be one more delivery this week and that should be all before Christmas.

We were very light on for the usual Tuesday morning tea. The lovely Tweedle Dee was the only one to appear and it was great to have some one on one time with her.

It's that time of the year when everybody has something going on, like babysitting duties, holidays, illness and other commitments.

Adoring Husband, Primrose and I drove to the river to check out the sunset, but it was a fizzer, so we drove around the parts of town that we missed last night, looking for Christmas lights.

Not many of the usual suspects have their lights up this year, so it was a disappointing drive.

Primrose had prepared all the salads for dinner and AH cooked our meat on the barbecue - so thankfully, it required little effort from me and I enjoyed a delicious, healthful meal.

Adoring Husband was kind enough to massage my feet for me while we watched a movie.

Now I'm off to bed because I can barely keep my eyes open.

Nite all.

No comments: