Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Tuesday

Why am I so tired tonight?

Probably all the well wishing visitors in the shop today.

While it was a steady morning with good sales, there were five visitors who didn't want to buy anything, but wanted to offer their good wishes and were 'in for a chat'.

I did learn some interesting information and confirmed some town gossip straight from the horses mouth. Things are certainly about to change in this town!

After yesterday's crazy rain, today was warm and sunshiny, so people were out and about and enjoying the day.

Our mate 'Stretch' came in to say goodbye and pick up the gift that he bought for his daughter-in-law last week. Luckily, the first thing that I did this morning when I arrived at the shop, was gift wrap it in  preparation of his final visit. We had a goodbye hug and he is heading south to live closer to family.

Coffee with the girls was light on this morning with only three ladies appearing with their coffee (and mine). I got to spend a little time with them before the morning rush when I had about eight customers in the shop at once.

Even though I'd planned on leaving the shop early so that I could go home and prepare for our monthly barbecue at the park, I didn't end up getting home until almost 4.30pm, by which time I just wasn't in the mood for racing around like a chook with it's head cut off to have our car packed with a prepared dinner in time to arrive there at 5pm.

It's been a few months since we attended a monthly barbecue and I miss a couple of my favourite friends. I need to try harder and be more organised in 2018.

This afternoon, I chose instead, to go for a walk along the beach with Primrose and my camera. We spotted a Brahminy Kite and a White Bellied Sea Eagle, which were both pretty special, although I was feeling a bit edgy about a storm that was lurking overhead.

Before we left home, Primrose had placed a potato bake in the oven and I had put a pan full of pork sausages on the stove for Adoring Husband to watch over.

By the time we returned home, dinner was cooked and all we had to do was bring last night's leftover salad out to the table to join the sausages and potato bake.

After dinner, we had a quick game of Trivial Pursuit - hoping that it would warm us up ready for trivia tomorrow night at the club. I was losing by a long way, but I won, by coming up the rear and stealing victory from both AH and Primrose.

I may have cheated.

Just a little.

Gosh, it's almost midnight again. I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: