Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 11, 2017

Tourist Season

It has begun.

The first day of Queensland school holidays brought me a busy Monday at the shop.

Not only did the tourists come for a visit and buy lots of jewellery, but I took delivery of ten (10) boxes of stock!

I assembled the new hat stand which now displays many hemp hats and a bag or two.


... and then this happened ...


I've unpacked one and a half of those boxes, so there is much work to do this week!

It may seem like a difficult task, but it's FUN! It's like Christmas because we never remember everything that we order.

I got to spend a lot of time playing with the snap button jewellery today, which is always enjoyable for me. I don't even mind when customers take a long time to choose their buttons and it's so interesting to watch them create their perfect 'piece'.

It was after 5pm when I arrived home.

Adoring Husband had already left for an important SES meeting, so Primrose and I sat down to an early dinner and then jumped in the car to try and catch the sunset on the river.



It was worth the effort.

I've got to be at work bright and early tomorrow so I'd best get some sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: