Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Rush Job

Here we are on Christmas Eve (only just) and I am sitting here in silence in my lounge room trying to figure out what to quickly write in this blog post because it's so late and I need to go to bed because I'm working today.

The Happy Abode is open from 10am - 2pm on Sunday 24th December for last minute shopping before Christmas.

It was rather quiet in the shop this morning. We still had sales, but it was one of the more quiet Saturday mornings that we've experienced.

Having said that, we had quite a few people come in for long chats, so we certainly weren't sitting there twiddling our thumbs!

We locked the doors at 1.30pm and Adoring Husband picked me up so that we could drive into The Bay to do our last minute Christmas food shopping.

We concentrated on buying healthy options but got some potato chips, corn chips and a packet of GF crackers to dip into hummus and guacamole dip. You know, the mandatory junk food for Christmas Day without going over the top.

I also got all the crafty bits and pieces that Primrose and I needed to finish our fabulous creations, including hooks for our jewellery holders, tools to attach findings to the strings of beads, findings to hold groups of beads together and boards for the shop signs.

I printed out a photo for one of our special customers and bought a frame for it, as requested, as a special rush job for Christmas.

It was a fairly rushed trip to get everything done in a couple of hours and return home in time to unpack the car, pack the food away, clear the dining room table which had a build up of items dumped on it over the past few weeks, finish preparing dinner (Primrose had done all the salads), eat, clear the table, clean the kitchen and then sit down with a couple of alcoholic beverages while we played trivia.

Primrose won!

Now I need to get some sleep. It's almost 1am.

Before I go, here are some of the beautiful San Marco jewellery that we ordered last week and which arrived at the shop in time for Christmas.









They are tiny Mexican wildflowers set in resin and then the outer edge of the pendant capped in silver. Incredibly delicate and beautiful pieces. We sold three on the first day!

There is always something new to look at in the shop and we try to bring in something different and unusual whenever possible.

That's all for tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: