Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Night Sky

It's 10pm. Primrose and I have just returned from the beach where we watched the sky for an hour to see some of the Geminids Meteor Shower in the night sky.

We saw four bright meteors shoot across the sky and a few small ones.

It was the most beautiful clear night and the sky was brilliant with stars. There was a soft breeze blowing and as the tide was receding, the water was gently lapping the beach. If I'd had a more comfortable resting place, I could easily fallen asleep in the mild night air.

It was well worth the effort, not just for the serenity of it all, but for the bright meteors that made us gasp in awe and if Primrose hadn't been here, I probably wouldn't have made the effort, so I thank her for her enthusiastic motivating pull (aka harassing lol).

I was booked in for a Zen Shiatsu session with Annemarie at the shop this afternoon. I took her last appointment for the day and it was my first experience with this form of remedial therapy. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I knew that I would be fully clothed and that it would be similar to acupressure.

It was wonderful and the hour went so fast! Into the first ten minutes and I was feeling very very relaxed. By the time she'd finished, from top of my head to the tips of my toes, I felt amazing. So many tight and tense parts of my body were relaxed and moving better than they have in years.

The base of my spine and my hips were moving easily and pain free and I felt so much lighter than before we began the process.

She gave me a few stretching exercises to do before getting out of bed in the mornings and then explained what to expect in the coming 24 hours with my emotions and moods. Releasing the pressure on so many parts of my body might trigger some unusual or unexpected 'feelings' and 'emotions'.

So far, the only emotion I've felt is pure wonder that the stiffness has gone from my hips and I can move freely!

I think I'll need to make a standing fortnightly appointment with her. The best part is that all I have to remove is my shoes.

Annemarie is both gentle and strong in her movements and actions. I felt safe and comfortable the whole time and I can confidently recommend her Zen Shiatsu sessions.

At the shop, it was a quieter than usual Pension Wednesday.

Adoring Husband and Primrose had dinner all organised, so I didn't have to put too much effort into it. We make a pretty good team!

I'm off to bed to take advantage of a relaxed and clear body. I feel that sleep will arrive quickly tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: