Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Fun and Frivolity

Today was full of fun and frivolity.

We slept in and then had a lazy start to the day but eventually Primrose and I drove into The Bay.

I had a 'to do' list.

Firstly we had to pick up the framed photo that Primrose had made for Adoring Husband's 60th birthday and then we drove along the Esplanade to Aquavue for some food.

Primrose had breakfast and I had lunch, so between us we were brunching.

The weather was glorious, the tide was high and it wasn't too busy in the restaurant. I ordered salt and pepper calamari and it was melt in your mouth delicious.




From there, we walked a good distance along the Esplanade, visiting all kinds of shops, starting with a beautiful book store where you can get coffee and sit and read. It's new to that location, but was once in a busier part of town.  I bought a Christmas present while there, which I'm very happy with.

Our next stop was a hippy shop full of beautiful things like amethyst caves of crystal, all types of semi precious jewellery, dream catchers and other beautiful ornaments. I bought some jade and some apatite before Primrose pointed out to me that the shop acted as a wholesaler as well as a retailer, so I returned to the shop and asked the girl for some contact information so that I could speak to the manager about buying some products wholesale.

We walked a good distance, popping into a few shops here and there, until we decided to get on with marking off the 'to do' list.

Go Natural is where I picked up a big bottle of apple cider vinegar.

We drove to the Reject Shop to look for some wrought iron display stands that we first noticed down south during our road trip, but it seems that the Queensland shops don't stock these stands. I did pick up a white hat stand that might come in handy at the shop.

Next was HBW to pick up some paper bags for the shop.

Pialba was our next destination and that's where I got some new shoes!!


I tried on some clothes, we did some grocery shopping and checked out lots of sales in lots of shops and didn't even begin the drive home until after 5pm!

It was a long and happy day.

Tomorrow will be another.

Nite all.  

No comments: