Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 15, 2017

Fifteen Minutes

That's how long I've got until Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion starts on Foxtel and I am going to watch it (for the millionth time).

We all saw Star Wars at the cinema today.

It was like all the other Star Wars movies. Lots of action. Lots of characters. Lots of comedy. Lots of drama. Lots of killing. Lots of bad guys. Lots of good guys. Lots of special effects.

One notable difference - lots of strong female characters - which I liked a lot.

After the movie, we shopped and Primrose and I attempted to print out some photos from our USB sticks. I took the wrong one and Primrose's USB couldn't be recognised by the Harvey Norman computer, so that was a big fat fail.

Meanwhile, The Motivator was breaking sales records in the shop all by herself! We hope to break her new record tomorrow!

Primrose and I headed to the Bowls Club for the raffles tonight and neither of us had any luck at all.

Adoring Husband stayed at home and kept an eye on dinner which was a made up dish - chicken with garlic, chilli, honey and lemon. It was disappointing, but edible.

I think it's time for me to sleep now ... I can't even stay awake for Romy and Michelle.

Nite all.

No comments: