Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Date Day

Adoring Husband and I had a bit of a date day today.

I had a few errands to run in The Bay, including picking up a couple of Christmas gifts, so we left home at 9am only to realise that the places that we needed to go didn't open until 10am!

We decided to have some breakfast and tried the new Enzos on the Esplanade. It's certainly a lot different to what it was originally, but I love the style of the place and the food was prompt to our table and very tasty.

The view was pretty special and the restaurant was open and airy with lots of tall tables, high benches with stools and low benches facing the water with low stools. There was even a sand pit with bean bags to relax in.

There is a bar for alcoholic beverages, of which we didn't partake at such an early hour!

We shopped well and before returning home, we perused Harvey Normans for kitchen 'stuff' including ridiculously priced stoves, fridges and washing machines and selecting our next lounge suite which has all the bells and whistles.

We were home by about 12.30 and after lunch, Primrose and I spent the afternoon outside being creative and artistic.

Primrose painted, sanded it to a rustic appearance and then painted the words of a quote on a square timber board for me.  She also painted a "Come in, we're AWESOME!" sign for the front door of our shop. She's a marvel.

Adoring Husband drilled approximately 20 small holes into a piece of silverware that I got from an Op shop while on our road trip and I began threading beads and charms onto it. It was a pleasant surprise opening each container full of beads and rediscovering some of the special bits and pieces that I had stored away.

I needed a short nap this afternoon and afterwards, Primrose and I walked to the supermarket to grab a couple of things for dinner, which we threw together without too much effort.

Adoring Husband has not been feeling the best this afternoon so he napped on and off in his lounge chair and had a fairly early night.

It's now after 11pm and I'll be opening the shop in the morning, so I'd best get some sleep.

Nite all.

    

No comments: