Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Catch Ups

It was quite the day of 'catch ups' in the shop today.

The Publican came for a visit in a wheelchair and though she is very weak after some heavy duty treatment for her illness, she put on a brave face, was very chatty and even had a little twinkle in her eye.

I was so happy to see her and pounced on her for a big hug.

She gingerly removed herself from the chair and slowly made her way around the shop to look at our new stock. It was so good to see her and I really hope that her health improves quickly.

A group of three ladies came in today - the ring leader being a previous customer who purchased her first collection of snap button jewellery during her first visit. Today she was adding to that collection and quickly chose four beautiful buttons.

One of her friends took the opportunity to start her own collection of snap jewellery and got a little bit carried away, which was fun to see. I can totally relate to that!

A couple of mothers came in to buy birthday presents for their young daughters. A couple of women needed to purchase secret Santa gifts for work colleagues. One lady came all the way from Hervey Bay especially to shop at The Happy Abode for a Christmas gift for a friend. THAT was very cool.

Our last big clock went to a happy home today.

Lastly, at the end of the day, Woman of Many Talents walked through the door, so we had a great catch up between customers.

Adoring Husband arrived just before 3pm to help me pack everything away and lock the shop so that we could drive into town and have some photos printed. It was a quick trip and we did a little food shopping before returning home.

Primrose and I walked to the beach, took our shoes off and did some grounding by walking for about 30 minutes in the shallows as the tide came in and then made our way to the shop so that I could pick up my trike to bring home.

Primrose had already prepared three different salads for dinner, so it was just up to AH to cook our meat on the barbecue, which he did.

Now, it's already after midnight, so I'd best get some sleep.

Oh and here are a couple of photos to show how we've changed up the shop a touch - the narrow shelving on the walls, in particular, for my photos.



Nite all.

No comments: