Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 29, 2017

A Busier Day

The caravan park is full and the tourists are finding their way into The Happy Abode.

It was even busier today, but a third of the customers bought very small, inexpensive items which didn't add up to much. A number of people came in for a look and didn't spend any money at all, and then there were the fun spenders who came in groups and who competed against each other to see who could buy the most snap buttons for their selected jewellery item.

And then there were the customers who returned later with friends or family to show off the shop as if it were their own!

Word of mouth has such high value and the tourists are telling each other all about us.

We even had a lady, still wrapped in all her hairdressing towels and cape, come in to shop while she waited for her colour to take and she selected a snap bracelet and two buttons! We may need to make a deal with the hairdresser to send all of her customers over to The Happy Abode while they are waiting for the timer to go off!

Primrose came to the shop this morning and got to work. She helped open the shop, she put hooks in the shelves for our paper bags, cleaned our kitchen, vacuumed the floor, cleaned the glass doors and did some dusting. She bought me a coffee for morning tea and then went home, made my lunch and delivered it to me.  What a champion.

Adoring Husband arrived at the shop just before 3pm to help me bring in the signs before closing, but right on 3pm, a customer walked in and began floating around the shop oohing and aaahing and singing our praises. She decided to buy some snap button jewellery, but couldn't make a decision until her daughter suddenly appeared.

Between them, they took an hour and twenty minutes to select three snap bracelets and a few buttons. They must have tried thirty buttons each on their selected jewellery.

At 4.10pm they asked what time I closed and I said "An hour ago."

Even though they apologised profusely for taking so long, they still took another ten minutes to make their final choices!

Needless to say, I arrived at the Bowls Club a little later than usual.

It was another losing night for our group and none of us won a single thing.

I was a winner when I arrived home to find dinner laid out on the table, so that all I had to do was sit down and eat.

I am spoilt.

I love having a number two wife in the house. Life has been a breeze for me this past month since we returned from our road trip. I will have to work on finding a routine again after Primrose returns home.

Tonight I'm feeling a bit lethargic and worn out, so I'm off to bed for an early night.

Nite all.  

No comments: