Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 17, 2017

Day Nine of the Selfie Road Trip

The first selfie taken with the camera ...


Not very flattering!

This was at Lakes Entrance on our way out of town.

We found a lovely place for breakfast this morning. I had a lamb & rosemary pie with salad. I know. It's not really breakfast food, but it was gluten free and it sounded so delicious, I just had to have it!

Through a door to the right of the this cafe was a shop like The Happy Abode, but BIGGER and jam packed from floor to ceiling with leather handbags, a few clothes, jewellery, giftware, soaps, signs, tea towels, crockery, cutlery and more PLUS a florist.

Through a door to the left of this cafe was an antique store with lots of antiques (obviously) and retro and art deco and anything else you can think of! A treasure trove!

On the long walk back to the car, we stopped in a couple of Op Shops and found some bargains. We also stopped in a couple of gift stores and I photographed some brands and labels that I thought would sell well in our shop.

We left Lakes Entrance very late in the morning and headed south, taking a quick turn off to Metung - just to see what it looked like.


It was a little coastal village, but much more up market than Burrum Heads. Big homes overlooking the water, a mini marina for all the medium sized yachts and a very yuppy-like shopping area.

Not really our cup of tea.

Our next stop was Bairnsdale, where we sheltered from a massive storm by shopping in Target for 30 minutes.

From there, we drove on to Sale and that's where we are staying tonight.

The weather has been weird.

So have we.

Our motel tonight has Netflix! I have introduced BGWLBH to Grace and Frankie. I think we are going to fall asleep to it tonight.

That's it from me!

Nite all.

No comments: