Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Cup Day Over

Our Melbourne Cup day was a great success.

Because of our poor planning, we had a small group band together for our day, which worked out well, because they were our favourite people who enjoyed some great belly laughs and a couple of snorts too!

We had a bit of a stressful start when we discovered, very late, that there is no antenna on the roof (the previous Tennant obviously took it with them), so our big screen TV wouldn't work. After much grunting and moaning and huffing and puffing, we finally gave in and set up my iMac monitor to live stream 7live via my portable speaker for great sound.

We also opened my laptop to the same live streaming, but we didn't need that.

Stephanie, the LeReve consultant, dressed up in Melbourne Cup finery, including her lovely handmade fascinator, and set up all the LeReve products on the table. We asked that she not do a presentation but just be available to answer questions and take orders if necessary.

We ran 3 sweeps. A $5 and two $2. I was lucky enough to win our $5 sweep AND the $5 sweep being run by the cafe down the road! Obviously, sweeps are more profitable for me than actually choosing a horse to win!

There were only eleven of us in attendance, but we had some good fun. The food was good. The alcohol went down a treat. Almost all of us won something in the sweeps. I wore a dress!! First time in seven years!

I wish I could show you the photos, but the damaging storms that we've had in the area, has affected internet connection and I can't load photos or change pages at the moment. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I'll share the pics then.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the day and now that we've held our first Melbourne Cup day, next year will be bigger and better.

It's taken me 90 mins to get this far, so I'm giving up and heading to bed!

Nite all.

No comments: