Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

That Happy Place

Today was amazing.

It was our best day yet as far as sales go.

But for me, today was all about the people.

The morning tea ladies all arrived in fine form and brought with them a happy and positive energy that lingered in the shop all day. After more than an hour of fun and frivolity and laughter, they wandered around the shop, some purchasing some of our wares and all leaving with a flourish!

The Tai Chi ladies arrived and were surprised and amazed at our wares. They spent a lot of time selecting just the right item to suit their personality, but some decided to come back later with friends.

The comment that still echoes in my mind is "This is just the sort of shop that the town needs!", which was uttered quite a few times today, but also ever since we opened the doors. It really tickles my fancy that the locals feel that way and I feel proud of us for being the ones to provide it.

More ladies came and went during the day, one even bringing with her, the outfit that she is wearing to a function this weekend, asking me to choose jewellery and a bag to suit. Oh my goodness! I'm now a stylist!!

There was much discussion about buying Christmas gifts for grandchildren and bringing family to the shop when they visit over the weekend. One lady plans to come in every week to buy a new button for her silver snap ring.

Another lady, who works nearby, dropped in during her lunch hour to buy a new handbag. One of her work mates asked me to hold a turquoise ring so that she can buy it for her daughter. Yet another lady put aside a bag that she wants to buy as a birthday gift for her daughter.

Everybody promised to spread the word and bring their visitors and return whenever they wanted or needed something new.

There was such a lot of positivity all day long and everybody wished us luck as they walked out the door.




I believe that tomorrow will also be a fabulous day.

We have IKEA flat packs to assemble, lights to install and signs to design and order, as well as chairs to begin re-covering - and that's just the beginning.

We are also hoping for a launch party this Sunday. Let's hope it all goes to plan. 

I'm off for an early night.

Nite all.
 

No comments: