Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Testing the Waters

I knew that the Howard Markets were on and that River Heads were running a festival this morning, but I didn't know that Torbanlea were holding a big fete.

So with those three events in competition with opening our shop doors, I decided to do it anyway. I opened the doors between 9am and 12pm.

Only three people came into the shop and one of them was a new resident of Burrum Heads, and apparently, loosely related to The Fisher King! She is also a photographer with the same camera as the one I use, so we had quite a long and animated conversation about many things that we had in common, photography being just one of them.

So for that reason alone, I'm pleased to have opened the doors today!

I made two sales and had three visitors.

In the quiet time, I created a blog post for Romance Your Life with Roz. I still have some adjustments to make to the site. I've deleted all but my photography from the shop, and I still need to amend the shop page where I talk about the jewellery and journals that I'm selling. It's been quite a while since I updated any of the pages, so hopefully I will have a bit more time to devote to the site from here on in.

At midday, after I closed the blinds and locked the shop door, I danced through the shop, singing along with Barbra Streisand and whoever the male was that she was dueting with at the time, all the while thinking to myself "I LOVE this place!"

I posted this in Facebook this afternoon ...

So here's the story ...

Now that I'm a working girl, and Adoring Husband has his big birthday bash happening in approx 7 weeks, he's decided to Spring clean the entire house from top to bottom.

This week he did the family room and dining room. Today he started on the kitchen cupboards, emptying them out, cleaning the shelves, culling stuff we haven't used for a while and rearranging for more practical use.

I returned home after 3.5 hours to a shining and completely clear bench top and the inside of the cupboards ... Immaculate!

I had been grocery shopping, so began unpacking the bags.

The last thing out of the bag was a bottle of soda water.

The reason that I have this stuff is because a Naturopath in Canberra gave me a special Magnesium mixture that has to be dissolved in flat soda water.

So ... I put the bottle on the sink and twisted the cap.

If I hadn't had a tight grip on the cap, it would have gone flying and the liquid would have hit the ceiling, but because I kept my hand about a foot above the bottle, the liquid hit my hand and sprayed outwardly in all directions!!

It sprayed me.

It sprayed the kitchen floor.

It sprayed the ENTIRE bench top.

It sprayed the sink.

It sprayed the family room floor.

It sprayed my laptop bag and handbag.

All of Adoring Husband's beautiful work, destroyed in a split second!!

So I would just like to thank the (insert appropriate profanity here) who thought it might be fun to shake up the bottle of soda water and put it back on the shelf at the supermarket. You are sooooo freaking funny hey!?

Since I arrived home, my nose began running like a tap. I've used half a box of tissues already. I'm diffusing 'Easy Air' (which is a do TERRA product) with La Reve Frankincense oil, eaten pure raw honey, taken a strong dose of Vitamin C, consumed three bottles of filtered water, one glass of strawberry/watermelon/lemon/honey juice (freshly squeezed yesterday) and will dose up on kefir and probiotics before I go to bed.

I wonder if I can beat it by morning?

It's just after 9pm and I'm off to bed right now to sleep the bug away.

Nite all.

No comments: