Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 15, 2017

Neeeeeed Sleeeeep

It's been a big day.

All up, we probably had about 35 - 40 people through the doors. There were early morning sales and names taken for the courses in the afternoon.  Photography and journalling seem to be the most popular at the moment.

The afternoon was spent ... um ... I guess you could say 'networking' 'promoting' 'connecting' with lots of customers who will return next week to foster/nurture our relationship.

The Motivator was out of the shop for the afternoon at an appointment and I was kept busy by the people.

I could hear the alcoholic beverages calling me by the time I got home this afternoon.

We had lots of new stock arrive today and there will be more coming next week, along with more of my photos to display.

It's just like Christmas when the stock arrives! We can never remember everything that we ordered, so as we unpack it, it's always a thrill to see what we've got to display.

We know that 64 people will be checking into holiday rental houses this weekend, so hopefully they are here for the holidays and ready to spend their money in our shop!

I'm off to bed because I neeeeeeed sleeeeeeeep.

Nite all.

No comments: