Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Misery Guts

So ...

I have spent the day in bed.

I've used almost an entire box of tissues, sneezed my brains out, consumed litres of water, eaten lots of fruit loaded with VitC, had home made chicken soup, taken probiotics and kefir, had three doses of raw honey and gulped down some magnesium mix.

My nose feels like it might have dried up and cleared somewhat.

This evening, I changed the bedding and had a shower to wash the germs away. I almost feel human again!

I was a little bit productive in my sick bed by finishing the Facebook page for The Happy Abode and creating an Instagram account. I did some online training on 'product launches' which was interesting and researched places that print calendars.

I wasted a good deal of time creating a calendar, only to discover that the price was in US$ which was far more expensive than I expected! Stoopid sick brain!

Anyway, that's all for tonight. I need to sleep the germs away so that I can go to work tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: