Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 18, 2017

Just Like Christmas

We had boxes and boxes of stock arrive today at the shop ... it was just like Christmas!

The term 'retail therapy' takes on a whole new meaning now.

Every box is full of smaller boxes and in every smaller box is a wonderful surprise!

We each buy stock separately and we both choose items that we would buy for ourselves and have in our own homes if money and space were unlimited. We also both have very different taste, which works out well because we know that our shop will appeal to different people.

I received a box of new snap button coin purses (the owl, the bird cages and the floral on bottom right) ...

... and here is a selection of other stock that came in, but these photos don't include the the stock that arrived right on closing time.












We had lots of tourists in our shop today, with lots of kids in tow. We had two young girls in the shop for most of the day because they love the shop and one of them wants to work for us when she's old enough to work!

The Little Mermaid made an appearance and we even had a few locals who only just found out that we are in existence ... all of whom said they would return when 1. they didn't have their husband in tow 2. after the grandkids go home 3. when they have more time to spend looking around.

All of them said "This is just what Burrum needs"

I get a thrill every time I hear those words and I know that The Motivator feels the same way.

I've been awake since 2.17am. 

I have no idea why I woke up or why I couldn't go back to sleep, but it's now 8pm and I'm feeling very very weary, so I believe that I will be in bed before 9pm and hopefully will sleep solidly all night.

I'm looking forward to coffee with the girls in the morning. After that we will probably spend the entire day pricing the new stock! Maybe we'll be so busy, we won't have time to price the new stock!

Anyway, that's enough from me.

Nite all.

No comments: