Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 16, 2017

I Wonder?

How long do you think it will take to create a new schedule/routine that is manageable?

I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed and somewhat time poor at the moment.

I have messes to clean up at home. I'm falling behind in my 'to do' list at work. Our work hours are erratic while we establish the business and of course, you can't predict when customers will enter the premises or how long they will stay or how much attention each individual requires or how distracting they will be.

While our shop 'to do' list is a priority, so are our other work commitments, as are our home commitments and our social commitments.

Finding a balance is the trick and that, no doubt, will take time.

We are both looking forward to having Sunday away from the shop, but our day off won't be relaxing because we both have other important chores to attend to.

Just to clarify ... I am definitely NOT complaining! Just trying to figure it all out so that life can run smoothly and stress free. Not just for me, but for Adoring Husband too - especially as we inch closer to his big birthday bash and our attention will need to be shared between our very important guests (being family and beloved friends that we don't get to see very often).

There is much organising and house rearranging to do prior to the big event! Slowly but surely ... small steps.

The work day, today,  started with The Motivator planting beautiful flowers in our front garden after she and The Fisher King dug out all the dead plants and grasses last night. While she did that, I vacuumed the shop and put out our signs.

It's the first day of the September school holidays in Queensland and as soon as the doors opened, the shop was busy with holiday makers, some of whom come every year, some of whom grew up in the area and are returning and some of whom are first timers.

There were lots of interesting conversations with our customers about the history of our town, who they went to school with, who they know in the area from the old days and the things they enjoyed doing when the town was much smaller.

Everybody had good things to say about the shop and we had a successful Saturday morning, remaining open until well after 2pm, instead of closing at midday as planned. Quite a few of our customers said that they would return next week.

Luckily we still have stock arriving next week, because if it continues to move at this pace, we will be empty by the end of next week!

Like I always said "I LOVE tourists!" haha

Anyway, it's almost midnight and I need sleep. I intend to enjoy a very lazy and slow start to the day tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: