Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Drinking

I need to drink more water.

I haven't been drinking enough since we opened the shop.

My big plan for this morning was to go to work early and have some time to vacuum the floors and get some work done - design and order our signs, write the story for the next newsletter etc.

My big plan was thwarted at about 2.30am.

I was woken by the effects of raw chocolate (very similar to caffeine) and it kept me awake until almost 4am. Then, just as I was dozing off, the dogs decided they'd like to go outside for a toilet break. THAT was annoying.

I was asleep soon after 4.20am .

Adoring Husband's alarm woke me at 4.45am ... because he had trouble turning it off ... so it went on and on and on.

I fell back to sleep and woke at 7.10am.

My morning consisted solely of Adoring Husband huffing and puffing all over the house desperately searching for his glasses and then for a set of keys. Totally destroyed my morning and stressed me to the max. I'm relating this story in the blog for everyone to read so that he feels guilty ... just so you know. Haha.

By the time I got to work, just a little bit late, I was not at all in the right frame of mind to do anything and I was annoyed that I didn't get to work early to do all the things on my big plan.

Luckily for me, it was coffee morning with the girls, so even though the numbers were low, I got to spend a lovely hour and a bit giggling and chatting and enjoying the company of some of my favourite people in the lounge area of the shop.

We met some new customers today and had our first big burley man buy a secret gift for his partner, which was just a little bit nice.

Our treatment room got a workout. The Motivator covered a chair (very well I might add). I wrote the story for the newsletter. We ordered more stock. We had a meeting. We left work at about 4pm.

I'm going to try again for an early start tomorrow, to do all the things in my big plan from today.

Tomorrow at 2pm we are having a LeReve Fragrance and Essential Oil party. So I need to bring nibbles and I'm looking forward to seeing Best Cousin in the World and have her see what we've done with the shop since she was last here.

Right now, it's almost 9.30pm and that's about my time to go to bed.

Nite all.


No comments: