Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Doing It

So, suddenly our launch party is only four sleeps away!

The last hour of the day at work was used to plan the launch, with an invitation list, a food and drink list, a shopping list, designing the invitation and more.

We do our best work under pressure.

There were not as many paying customers today, but the few who visited us were very happy and vibrant. We had a customer return for her third visit and we even had an elderly male pop in and buy a couple of gifts for family. That was a first!

It's after 11pm and I didn't get to sleep until late last night, so I'm feeling a touch weary right about now.

I spent about 90 minutes on the phone this afternoon, chatting for a while with Vegan Chickie and then Chicklet.

I was talking on the landline, and chicklet didn't understand that we can't do 'facetime' so she pressed all the right buttons and I had to go running to pic up my mobile so that I could accept her FaceTime request.

She took me into the bedroom and showed me how to play one of her iPad games 'monster legends'.

She took me into the toilet while she peed. That was interesting.

She took me on a 'bit of a tour of the place'.

I took her in to say hello to Poppy Barry.

I took her to say hello to each of the dogs.

I took her outside to say hello to SEB the cockatiel.

We counted the eggs that came out of the chook pen.

After about an hour, it was time for me to cook dinner, so I asked her to take the phone to Mama so that I could say goodbye. She was a bit sad that I had to go ... but this was the photo that Vegan Chickie sent me immediately after I said goodbye ...


I loved that hour with Chicklet. To hear her voice say "It's Bozzy Wozzy!!" and to hear her giggling her cheeky little head off brought me such joy. I miss her. I miss them both. They are too far away.

Nite all.

No comments: