Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Brain Explosions

Why does everything take so long?

Every process has itself, a process that requires approval, which in turn requires time.

We applied for our business bank account on 25th August. It took more than a week for them to send us all the information/paperwork required to access our online account, even though they told us it would be ready by the following Monday.

Once we finally had that organised, we linked our card reader to our devices, so that we could have eftpos and credit card facilities for our customers, only to discover that it will take ANOTHER week for the bank account to be linked to the card reader!

Seriously, in this day and age! It's crazy!

Despite these frustrations, life is still happy at The Happy Abode :)

We had yet more happy visitors today, including the manic Little Mermaid.

Our brains hurt from trying to GSD and at the end of the day, we drove into The Bay to buy food and alcohol for our launch party on Sunday.

Now my brain is hurting from trying to organise a private event on Facebook where I can invite only special people to our launch party on Sunday .. it's just not working for me, so I'm going to take a break, get a good night's sleep and try again tomorrow.

Oh, Adoring Husband drove into The Bay today and picked up my photos from the framer who put matt boards on them all. They look fantastic and I have a couple of favourites that I was very surprised about, so I can't wait to hang them properly in the shop - that might take a few more days yet.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Nite all.


No comments: