Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 1, 2017

Beyond Tired

It's been a big week!

Our first week is done and dusted, although I am very tempted to go to work tomorrow and open the doors for a Saturday morning just to test the waters, but I'll see how I feel in the morning.

It was another successful day today with visits from friends, holiday makers from down south and the yoga ladies.

I met the owners of the building for the first time today and they seem like a nice couple, especially Lady Gaga. The Rooster seemed a little bit cocky but not too bad. He told me to put in a coffee machine and I told him that we weren't allowed to sell food and drink from the shop. His response was "I own the building and I say you CAN!"

Anyway, it was yet another pleasant day spent in our lovely workspace, and there was no visit from The Little Mermaid. I saw her from a distance late this afternoon, but that is all.

My visitors included Tweedle Dee, Maid Marian, Woman of Many Talents (with grandchildren in tow), Arty Farty Queen and Bridging Hippy.

While I was working, Adoring Husband drove into The Bay to pick up my photo prints from Harvey Normans and deliver them to the framing place where they will be fitted with matt board before being displayed in the shop.

He came back to the shop with the chicken that I cooked last night and he'd made a delicious little salad to go with it. We sat together in the shop dining area to eat lunch totally uninterrupted.

Just as I was about to walk out the door to leave work this afternoon, Arty Farty Queen pulled up on her bicycle, so I welcomed her in and turned on the lights to show her around. It was a quick visit and she purchased a gift for a friend before she departed.

I arrived home with plenty of time to make myself acceptable for the Bowl's Club. We had a good crowd there tonight and it was nice to catch up with a few friends who have been away, some out of the country.

After a night where none of us had any luck, AH and I drove the Leggy Blonde and Father UP home before coming home ourselves to make a quick chicken + concoction dinner.

AH went to bed quite early and after about an hour, I had to massage his back because he was in a bit of pain.

Now, I am off to bed because I'm feeling the weight of my week on my very tired shoulders.

Happy first day of Spring!

Nite all.  

No comments: