Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 4, 2017

Beautiful Day

Thankfully, I was well enough to go to work this morning.

My nose is no longer running, but dripping occasionally, and is bearable. My sneezing has reduced considerably and I feel less hazy in my head.

I think it's a sign that this bug/virus is a strong one - I calculated that it was September 2011 the last time I caught a virus, so it's 6 yrs, not the 5yrs that I first thought. I'm happy with that record and I think it shows that my immune system is pretty strong.

Catching this virus should strengthen my immunity for the next few seasons.

It was a great day in the shop. There were a number of new customers and a visit by some friends, which is always lovely. It was quite an improvement on our opening day last Monday when we made $4 for the day!

I was even able to do the less enjoyable tasks of vacuuming and dusting, which surprisingly, I did actually enjoy!

Adoring Husband dropped in at lunch time, providing a delicious cold meat and salad. He even washed the dishes afterwards. What a man.

He arrived at the same time as The Little Mermaid, whose head was in a better place today, but it was still good to see her leave lol.

I found some more products that I'd like to put in the shop and registered with the companies to get their catalogues.

I found a fabulous place online to get my calendars printed.

Adoring Husband had a SES meeting tonight, so I didn't have to worry about cooking dinner. He left at 5.30pm and I caught up on some TV shows that I'd recorded.

I can't believe it's already 11pm.

I'm outta here.

Nite all.

No comments: