Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

An Oily Day

Sadly, our favourite holiday makers have left town.

I guess it's time for the next influx as the school holidays begin next week!

We are running low on stock, so hopefully all of the lovely things that we ordered last week will be here by next week, otherwise people will be very disappointed when they walk into the shop.

We had another good day today with a steady flow of friends and customers through the door.

The Motivator spent a few hours in The Bay organising paint for the training room and buying up on some more stock items.

I had a visit from the wonderful Sex Therapist and her husband the Lab Man. I haven't seen them for about 3 years, so I felt quite emotional when I saw them walking towards the shop. We spent a bit over an hour sitting in our lounge area, catching up on all of our news.

By then, Stephanie, the LeReve lady arrived and it was time to rearrange things to fit her products,  make room for our guests and prepare some nibbles.

The party started about 30 minutes later than planned due to a couple of late comers, but it was a success and we made a couple of bookings for more parties.

With all of that action today, we didn't leave the shop until around 5.30pm.

I brought home the nibbles that didn't get eaten and Adoring Husband ate a plate full of carrot sticks, green beans, celery, capsicum and cucumber, little blocks of cheese, rice crackers and a big bowl of freshly made guacamole for dinner! Very healthy, but very lazy on my behalf haha.

Currently, my mission in life is to remember to take photos of all the activity that happens in the shop - but so far, the only event that I've remembered to photograph is our launch party. I've really got to get my act together.

I think another good idea is to ask our customers to let me take their photo with their purchases, to post onto our Facebook page and then at the end of the month, draw one of their names to win a $10 voucher for the shop.

I still have so much to do. My 'to do' list has only had one item ticked off this week!

Busy Busy Busy.

I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: