Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Wiped Out

My body is feeling a little weary and a bit the worst for wear.

End of day two of painting, although I did have a big break in the middle where I went into The Bay with Best Cousin in the World to get more supplies from Bunnings (my favourite shop - NOT).

I also acted as gopher and did a morning tea run and a lunch run, so I didn't do as much physical work as everyone else. I washed the lunch dishes,  put undercoat on four walls, helped paint one wall and then undercoated the treated pine frames with The Motivator.

The electrician arrived today and did the work we needed on the lighting. Thanks to The Motivator who knew exactly where to put lights and which lights to use, the job was pretty straight forward.








The Telstra modem and other paraphernalia arrived by courier today too!

Marco Polo assembled all the flat pack cabinets - because he hates painting lol - but they look fantastic. 

The Fisher King helped The Motivator sand the legs of our training room chairs and then undercoated them all ready for the final coat tomorrow (all 11 of them) plus he did lots of undercoating and sanding walls.

The Motivator didn't stop all day and pushed herself probably beyond her limits.

Best Cousin in the World did lots of undercoating and driving and helped me with the lunch run.

Adoring Husband worked hard, as he always does with paint brush and/or edging tool in hand.

We hope that it will only take one more day to finish the painting.

We will definitely need to have the carpet professionally cleaned before we open the doors and even with sheets covering all the furniture, there is so much fine dust on everything, it will take some cleaning.

So, tomorrow is another day which we will attack full on after a good night's sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: