Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Winning

We are winners.

Not only do we have a wonderful workspace to spend time in every day, but each day our customer numbers are increasing and they are loving the stock that we have available!

I almost have enough names to start my first photography course and we are feeling very positive about our future.

It was reported that The Little Mermaid was having a bad day today, but she stayed away from our shop, so it was nice to not have to deal with her struggles for a day. I did speak to her at lunch time and she told me that she was not in a good space and I wished her well. It's tough for her AND for us. She is the only one who can help herself and her issues are complex.

We had a really good day with visitors to the shop and with sales. Visitors from earlier in the week returned, some bringing family and friends with them. So word is spreading and we make sure that everyone feels welcome, and when they show genuine interest, we show them through the shop to the treatment room and the training room.

Adoring Husband and I drove into The Bay straight after work to get a couple of things for the shop and to order prints of some of my photos, which will be displayed on the shop walls. I got a bit carried away with some clothes shopping because there are big sales on at the moment and I bought 4 tops.

It was dark by the time we left for home, which felt really weird because we are never out that late. Our usual routine is to be home and eating dinner at 6pm!

I cooked up some chicken for AH's dinner and he made a salad to go with it. I also baked a chicken so that we would have cold meat for lunch tomorrow. Strawberries were on sale and I bought three punnets so I juiced them with watermelon and mint and raw honey, which was delicious.

It's almost midnight! Time for me to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: