Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Weirdsville

It's been a strange kind of day.

I started my Business Bootcamp this morning by watching the opening webinar while I got ready for the day and continued to watch it while I rode my trike to meet the girls for coffee. It finished just as I pulled up to the shop, which was lucky!

I enjoyed my morning with the girls and I visited the shop when everyone left. Before I reached the shop, I ran into The Yachtsman, who is the husband of Queen of Arts.

Queen of Arts was the lady with whom I shared the Art/Photography Exhibit five years ago.

So I took him to the shop and showed him around describing what we were planning for the space. He was surprised and impressed with the size of our premises and wished me luck before leaving.

I decided to head home and pack the big tubs that I bought at Office Works yesterday with the remaining stock and other items that I need to take to the shop.

I jumped online and ordered the glass cabinets from IKEA and arranged for them to be delivered to the pick up point at Dundowran.

I made lunch for Adoring Husband and delivered it to him at around 1pm.

I attempted to get some work done on my laptop, but the mobile hotspot kept disappearing and I didn't get anything completed, so I played Tradies Assistant again for AH, climbing the work horse to hold things while he nail gunned and holding sheets of timber while he hand sawed or chiselled.

Just before I left to come home and feed the dogs, I bought AH a coffee, then gathered my goods and rode home.

I tidied the kitchen, cleared some old food and drinks out of the fridge, did two loads of washing, tidied the lounge room, photocopied some receipts and printed out some invoices, emptied the garbage, packed some more 'stuff' into the tubs.

I had just sat down when Adoring Husband returned home, so we chatted about the work he'd done and our plans for the week before he turned on the television.

It was time for me to make dinner so I cooked some lamb loin chops with a huge array of salads. Tonight's meal was the biggest I've eaten for quite some time and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I cleaned the kitchen, served AH his dessert, hung out some more washing and loaded the machine with more clothes ready for tomorrow and then made the bed (yes a bit late, I know).

I began researching small business insurance, but was distracted by a movie on TV called 'Swiss Army Man' with Daniel Radcliffe and Paul Dano.

I won't share the video, because you have to input your date of birth before it will allow you to watch the trailer and frankly, it's one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. I almost turned it off about 30 minutes in and I really should have because it got weirder ... but it was like a train wreck and I couldn't take my eyes away from it!

I saw the interview that Graham Norton did with Daniel Radcliffe when the movie was released and I wrote down the name of the movie so that I could search for it and watch it ... but I never did ... so when I saw the title come up on the screen tonight, it was a must see for me. Haha.

I would really like to meet the person who wrote the story and ask him/her what drugs he/she was on when it was written!

So it's rapidly approaching 11pm and I am off to bed. I'm feeling decidedly weary and I have a lot to do tomorrow. Beauty sleep is essential!

Nite all.

PS I began all of those sentences with 'I' on purpose!  

No comments: