Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Voluntarily There

I voluntarily went to Bunnings today.

It was a long and very expensive visit!

Aside from the usual tools that you need for painting ... of which we needed little, because between us, we already have some of the tools of trade ... we got a lot of undercoat, a lot of white paint, a little yellow paint, some gun metal grey for the chairs in the training room and some gloss white for the doors.

Unfortunately, we were served by a young girl new to the paint section, so she had to ask her work buddy lots of questions. We asked her work buddy a lot of questions too!

By the time we got the paint, the belt for Adoring Husband's sander and unsuccessfully sourced some metal hooks, we were in that painful store for about 90 minutes! Ugh.

We drove to Stocklands where the Motivator had her eyes tested while I picked up my new glasses that I ordered last week! I bought some new knickers and put Ozlotto on (I've won twice on the same ticket!).

We had a light lunch at The Coffee Club.

We went to Office Works for some printer ink and some pretty new desk decor - a pen holder, some pens, a notebook and a book/folder holder.

I got some new new shoes.

We visited Go Natural where I stocked up on my ice cream, milk kefir, fresh fruit and veg and some wild caught salmon.

I purchased some beautiful sunflowers from the nearby florist.

Before we returned home, we managed to secure the last appointment for the day at Shine Nails at Stocklands. I selected gold for my nail colour - to reap in abundance!


It was 7pm by the time we pulled into the driveway and it took ten minutes to unload all of my purchases from the back of the car.

After we exchanged pleasantries, I cooked up one of the wild salmon steaks for Adoring Husband to eat with a fresh salad and then we ate fresh strawberries and chocolate coconut ice cream for dessert.

As the time rapidly approaches 11pm, I'm pretty much done in, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.


No comments: