Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Ticked Off.

Two amazing things happened this morning.

1. The real estate agent actually came to the shop to answer our enquiries.

2. Telstra said they would be at the shop between 8am - 12pm and they turned up at 8.15am!

We now have phone and internet connected!

The Motivator and I had a business meeting.

We had just started to assemble some furniture when the cleaner arrived.

Before he even started, there was an issue about the equipment that he brought with him - this young guy (Josh) was sent to us with specific equipment, that just wasn't capable of doing the job that was required. He apologised profusely and did the best he could, but the carpet did not get cleaned as well as it should have.

I sent both a private message via their website and then an unfavourable review via the survey email that they sent me this afternoon.

Josh did a great job of cleaning our windows and doors. He was a lovely young man, very polite and courteous.

Before he cleaned, The Motivator and I moved as much furniture into our office area as possible - this part of the carpet is the cleanest in the building, so we decided not to clean it - mostly because we had no way of moving everything out of the space to have the entire carpet cleaned.

So while he was cleaning, The Motivator and I bought some lunch at the fish and chip shop - grilled fish and salad - then sat in the lounge chairs outside our shop in the shade and enjoyed the cool breeze while we ate said lunch.

It was a very pleasant couple of hours.

When Josh left, with yet another apology, we began assembling the table and chairs that The Motivator bought yesterday, but then we were interrupted when she remembered a Skype interview that she had made an appointment for, so I finished assembling the chairs, while Adoring Husband put together the table.

The whole set looks fabulous under the down lights in front of the yellow wall.

We selected the material that we'll use to cover the training chairs.

Adoring Husband and The Kiwi (who stopped in for a visit and offered some help) broke one of the legs off the big counter when they attempted to move it ... truth is, it was already damaged badly, so it didn't take much to break it completely.

We re-hung the blinds for some privacy/security for the night.

By this time, it was after 6pm, so we packed up and headed home.

I made a quick curried mince with rice for dinner, followed by fresh strawberries and coconut ice cream with home made strawberry sauce for dessert.

It's now rapidly approaching 11pm so I'm off to bed so that I can be fresh for a big day setting up shop tomorrow.

Things should move along quickly now!

I will take a video tomorrow to show how the shop is coming along.

Nite all.

No comments: