Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Neglectful Me

My poor website romanceyourlifewithroz.com has been on the back burner for quite a few weeks now and I'm feeling like a very neglectful mother.

Hopefully, once we've settled into the shop, I can devote more quality time to that baby of mine!

I spent a few hours this morning getting online quotes for small business insurance. There is quite a wide gap between the most expensive and the least expensive, even though the cover is exactly the same.

I spoke to one insurance company 'in person' because our diverse range of services makes cover pretty tricky. What they come back with tomorrow, will be interesting.

I've written up a rough draft of a story for the newsletter and a also a rough draft for a flyer to pass around to different shops, clubs, groups and organisations in town.

Got a meeting tomorrow morning with my biz partner to discuss our next moves this week.

Still trying to get a decent logo designed before any of our flyers or stories can go out anyway, so I hope that doesn't take too long!

I did some more trades assistant work today, not much, but worth mentioning lol.

I cooked up a nice lunch for Adoring Husband and delivered it to him, before sitting at my desk to write, then I bought him a coffee before heading home.

I packed some more stock ready to deliver to the shop. I worry that I won't have enough to fill our space, but I'm worried about buying more stock in case I have too much already. Ha! What a dilemma!

With both AH and I working on getting the shop ready, our house is looking decidedly messy, so I did some washing and tidying up this afternoon before cooking up a tray of baked veggies with chicken and gravy for dinner. We enjoyed berries with citrus sorbet for dessert.

After cleaning up the kitchen, I gave AH a shoulder, back and leg massage to calm his muscles before he went to bed.

It's been a fairly busy day, although I must admit that while getting all the online quotes, I was sitting up in bed!!

The Motivator found some more display pieces today. She's incredibly busy with her own business at the moment and it's fabulous that she is busier than ever, building a good reputation and being recognised for her good work.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Need to be up early for the biz meeting. I'm a workin' girl now!

Nite all.

No comments: